Loading
Imperial Caique, 7 Pairs of Oars

She belongs to the reign of Sultan Abdülmecit (1839-1861). She was used by the family (harem) of Sultan Abdülmecid. When Kaiser Wilhelm and his empress came to İstanbul in 1889, they disembarked from this caique to coast. She is built with carvel planking and has clipper bow form. The broadside is decorated with flower motifs in geometrical form like Seljuk style. The inner side is ornamented with marquetry technique. A silver pheasant symbolizing beauty and grace exists on bow.

 

Length: 24.50 m

Width: 1.78 m

Height: 2.74 m